Is your visit necessary?
Non-essential visits to our residential aged care facilities are temporarily suspended in alignment with guidance from the Prime Minister.
Any essential visit needs to be cleared in advance by our Directors of Care and Services at each village, who will elaborate on conditions of entry to a Greengate Village.
Please be advised that all staff, visitors and contractors are required to provide evidence that they've received the most current influenza vaccination to be allowed entry. The 2020 influenza vaccination is now being made available by appointment through Chemists and Doctors.
For the limited exceptions where visitation is granted, the following applies:
- Visiting hours are limited to 9am - 5pm on weekdays, and 9am - 1pm on weekends.
- All visitors, staff and contractors are REQUIRED TO ATTEND THE FRONT RECEPTION before entering at EVERY VISIT.
- All visitors will be temperature checked and access cannot be granted if their temperature is 37.5o or higher. Further, all visitors will be asked to sign a declaration stating:
- They have not returned from overseas in the last 14 days
- They have not been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- They don't have a fever or symptoms of acute respiratory infection
- They understand that visits are limited to 30 minutes maximum and are to only take place within a resident's room
- And where available, you must provide evidence that you have had the most current influenza vaccination.
- NSW Health guidance states the risk of infection increases with close contact (touch or proximity of less than 1.5m) and for periods of over 15 minutes.
- Visitations are limited to a maximum of 2 immediate social supports per visit (including a GP) confined to a resident's room.
- Children under the age of 16 years will only be permitted access by exception.
- Once within our villages all visitors must respect the government's directions around good hygiene and social distancing. Please do all you can to protect the safety and health of our residents and staff. If your visit is not essential, please ask our reception about the alternate modes of communication we have in place for your to use.
Greengate’s Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)click to enlarge
Here at Greengate, the health and wellbeing of all our residents and team members is always a priority. During these unprecedented times, we are working to ensure that our Retirement Villages and Aged Care Homes continue to remain a safe environment for everyone.
Greengate has formed a COVID-19 Steering Committee which meets every morning to review and discuss the latest medical information and advice from the World Health Organisation and the Australian Government’s advice around COVID-19. Each morning we assess how the latest news affects our villages, and tailor our response plan so that we are taking appropriate steps in accordance with this advice to protect our residents.
Talk with us
Keep up-to-date with the latest news
It’s important at this time to stay up-to-date on the latest news, and to ensure you are getting it from a reliable source. You may want to visit the following sites: